Using our wood
- Start in Salford use our timber for chopping boards, structures and more
- Urban Coppice is Mark Carswell’s business installed in the TreeStation yard
- Black Cat Wood – unique sustainable products made from British hardwoods. They make beautiful furniture, utensils and gifts out of our wood.
- Assured Fine Furniture is one of our joiner clients and had a featured cherry bookcase made with our timber in the Woodworker Magazine!
- Andrew Hamilton Furniture turns our wood into handcrafted, traditionally inspired furniture for the modern home.
- Bark and Burr make interesting and beautiful furniture using our wood
- John George Fine Cabinetry – producing exclusive bespoke fitted & freestanding furniture and interiors to meet your needs.
Stockists and outlets
See our Retail outlets section
- Unicorn co-operative grocery in Chorlton has been supporting the TreeStation in many ways since 2012.
Woodfuels technical information
- Carbon calculator on Ofgem website
- Biomass information on Centre for Alternative Technologies website
- We’re in The Good Fuel Guide directory for firewood in Manchester
Stoves & Boilers
- Stove Room in Didsbury, Manchester has a fantastic range of stoves
- Fireplace accessories – fireside tools, fireplace screens, stove and fireplace accessories
- Installing a new system on Biomass Energy Centre website
- Types of systems on Biomass Energy Centre website
- Dorking Stoves in Surrey are are a family owned business with over 30 years of experience and pride themselves on their excellent technical advice and customer service
- Chimney Safe are trained and qualified chimney sweeps that provide an efficient, professional, courteous and friendly service in the Greater Manchester and surrounding areas.
Training institutions and accreditation bodies
- TreeStation staff have been trained on Woodfuel Production and Supply by Ignite
- Several members of our staff followed arboriculture training from Myerscough college
- Woodsure runs independent accreditation schemes for assessing the quality and sustainability of wood chip and other woodfuels
- Safecontractor is an independent third party accreditation scheme which assesses the health and safety standards of contractors
- Arboricultural Association is the leading trade body for arborists and has accredited our treework team
- CHAS is the market leader in Health and Safety accreditation
Consultancy and advice:
- Jo Bird has helped us with share offer, registering as a Community Benefit Society, and our business plan
- DLA Piper Solicitors generously provided legal support through the process of signing the lease on the site.
Other interesting organisations:
- The Kindling Trust, working towards a just and ecologically sustainable society bu igniting passion and fueling action for social change.
- City of trees aims to re-invigorate Greater Manchester’s landscape by transforming underused, unloved woodland and planing trees.
- Carbon trust, aiming to accelerate the move towards a low carbon economy
- Rotunda Living make fabulous round houses
- Renewable Energy Association, the voice of the renewables in the UK
- Fairfield, composting across Greater Manchester
- The Heap (Highfield Eco Allotment Project), is based in Levenshulme, Manchester, aims to create a sustainable community allotment where people of different ages and backgrounds can come together to share skills and experience of food growing.
- The Grown in Britain programme aims at creating a sustainable future for our forests and woodlands
- Steady State Manchester campaigns for a zero growth economy
- EMERGE – Talking to community groups about waste reduction, providing training and consultancy services, collecting IT/WEEE equipment for reuse, or providing multi-material recycling collections. We supplied their landscaping chip and share the use of a mobile plant.
- The garden service – Manchester-based professional grounds and garden maintenance who we regularly sub-contract for – see our subcontracting page for their excellent testimonial.
- Start in Salford providing creative activities and training opportunities for people experiencing mental health difficulties or social exclusion. We have a longstanding, positive relationship with them and they use our timber for many projects.