The TreeStation is an ethically and environmentally-minded social entreprise, striving to deliver effective tree-related services and quality woodfuels and timber products, and to support the Greater Manchester local community. We want to develop the business to offer training opportunities to local people and act as a demonstration/education site of best practice. In order to achieve this, we need funding and support from individuals, local businesses and public bodies.
There are volunteering opportunities both in practical tasks around the site and in areas such as design, marketing and working with our community engagement projects. For more information, get in touch using the form below.
Supporters can also help us financially – more information on our Membership & Investment page.
Partnership work & New projects
We are looking to form partnerships with similarly-minded organisations or individuals. With the values of mutual support and industrial symbiosis in mind, we have formed an interest in developing the following areas:
- Edible fungi cultivation using our timber processing residues as growth media/feedstock
- Joinery incubator, offering machinery and workshop space for small joinery businesses to support their setting up or growth
- A coppicing business is already based at the TreeStation yard. Both the TreeStation and Mike Carswell from Urban Coppice are keen to form further links with landowners and coppice workers.
- Woodland creation and tree planting
- Carpentry, offering workshop and machine facilities to enable production in-house of finished timber items whilst supporting smaller enterprises through the shared resources and facilities.
We are also keen to hear about future projects we could get involved in and ways we could develop/improve the TreeStation. Please use the form below to send us your suggestions or register your interest for any of the suggested projects.
We are looking for additional volunteer directors, if you have time and/or skills that would benefit the TreeStation, we’d love to hear from you!