We offer a comprehensive range of landscape services to our domestic and commercial clients throughout Greater Manchester and the North West.
We can deliver an end-to-end ‘design, build & maintain’ service, or intervene at any individual stage. We can also make beautiful features from local and sustainable materials, such as fencing, decking, raised beds and chainsaw sculptures. Paul Hodgson, former Arboretum Team Leader at Kew Gardens, will work closely with you to ensure the final result meets your requirements. By hiring us you are guaranteed a professional and affordable service, delivered in accordance with the TreeStation ethical values.
Our services include:
Wooden features and structures
Landscape Character Surveys
The unique natural beauty of an area can be recorded and described in a Landscape Character Survey which is then used to inform development decisions, the process is to identify and understand the things that give character to the landscape. Understanding the character of an area is the vital first step in making almost any landscape-related decision, whether it is for a village street or an entire region. The primary objectives of landscape character surveys are:
- to outline how the landscape has evolved in terms of physical forces and human influences;
- to classify the landscape into distinct landscape types identifying key characteristics and sensitivities,
- to describe the current appearance of the landscape, classifying it into distinct zones,, summarising the key features of each landscape character area;
There are several distinct stages in the Landscape Character Survey Process which include:
- a desk based study which utilises online resources to identify various landscape elements and features,
- a site walk over to verify features identified within the desk based study and to collect further and additional information that could not be gathered during the desk based research, this stage of the process would also be used to gather further to information regarding current land-use,
- the findings of the desk based and study and detailed walkover surveyed would be presented in a written report;
Some examples of our work: